Without a cloud-based, automated module to streamline the recruitment process, many employers face a steep up-hill-climb when it comes time to attaining top talent to fill out their open positions. Some of the challenges they face include:
- The recruitment process takes too much time
- They aren’t finding the right candidates
- Their reporting efforts aren’t meeting compliance
- They’re unable to analyze data to improve their processes and meet business objectives
To improve the recruitment process, employers should be integrating their processes with automated talent management modules, while also combining the following tips with their overall strategy.
Tips to Improve the Recruitment Process
The recruitment process is one of the most impactful steps in attracting and retaining top talent. Refining it can make all the difference in selecting the right employee, and weeding out the candidates that aren’t right for the position.
Employer brand power is key
Building a strong ’employer brand’ that resonates with potential employees starts right at home. Employers need to figure out what exactly their Employee Value Proposition (EVP) is. The best question they can ask themselves is:
“Why would a high-performing person want to work here?”
From there, they can work on establishing their employer brand by offering their current employees and potential employees an array of perks, benefits, culture and more to create demand. Some examples of these ideas that employees get excited about may include:
- Flexible work hours
- Remote work opportunities
- Pet-friendly workspaces
- Education opportunities
- Paid lunches
- Excellent benefits packages
- Financial Assistance
- Company trips and travel opportunities
- Company culture events
These are just a few examples that can help businesses build a strong employer brand while also enticing top talent to want to work for them.
Simplify the application process exponentially
This section is all about the user experience (UX) during the recruitment process. It’s extremely important to make this process easy for potential applicants. With one hiccup during their process, they may just bail and not finish applying. If the process is too time-consuming and confusing to get their information to the employer efficiently, it will, in turn, hurt the business’ employer brand.
To help establish a simplified process, employers can answer these questions:
- Are our open positions available on mobile-friendly sites?
- Can our applicants access and finish their applications on a smartphone or tablet?
- Are they able to save where they left off in the process and finish it at a later time?
- Can they complete it in under five minutes?
- Are there markers, or indicators readily available so applicants can see how far along they are?
- Is it made apparent who these applicants are applying to based on the branding and logos?
- Is it attachment-free?
If an employer/human resources say no to any of these, then it’s time for them to reevaluate their recruitment process.
Make candidates feel special
After potential employees complete the application process, employers need to think about what they are doing to making the candidate feel special, needed and matter. These businesses should be doing the following to keep their candidates engaged and excited:
- Send automated communications letting candidates know that their application was received
- Keep them in the loop as they progress further into the hiring process
- Let them know if they are no longer being considered. There is nothing worse than being left on the hook and out of the loop in the employees’ perspective.
- If they are hired, get them ready with an excellent onboarding preview
Offer an excellent employee referral program
Employee referral programs have a better track record for successful recruitment at 46 percent over recruiting over career site which sits at 33 percent success according to Undercover Recruiter. When employees refer their friends and family for open positions, they are indicating job satisfaction and help to promote great employer brand.
Here are some tips to get a great referral program set up for your business:
- Have a set process in place for employees to make referrals. Make it easy
- Keep the referring employee in the loop during their referred candidates recruitment process
- Offer awards and incentives to employees if their referred candidate is hired
- Communicate the referral program so everyone is aware of it
- Make it simple and mobile-friendly
Benefits are more important than ever
For a lot of candidates, salary isn’t the most important thing to them. The benefit offerings an employer can offer may be more important to potential candidates than the salary itself. Traditional and voluntary benefits give employees the support they need in healthcare, dental, retirement, financial planning, student loan repayments, education and training, pet insurance and much more.
Using Cloud-Based Software to Improve the Recruitment Process
The recruitment process is so much easier when it’s supported by an automated module.
Recruiting software features
Great recruitment and applicant tracking systems (ATS) will simplify the talent acquisition process by automating these key functions:
- Employer branding
- Job distribution
- Social recruiting
- Candidate management
Benefits for administrators
The recruitment process is simplified for administrators because it saves them time and money while discovering the most qualified candidates to fill open positions. Automated recruitment software will create efficiencies for them by giving them the ability to:
- Distribute open positions to job boards with one-click
- Reach local and national candidates
- Reach veterans and minorities easier
- Source reporting with analytics
- Create a strong employee brand
- Access to EEO survey data
- Review unlimited candidates
- Schedule interviews
- Offer letters
- Send assessment/tests
- Send background and drug screen prompts
- Post to niche job boards
Benefits for candidates
A great recruitment process keeps candidates engaged during the period. To keep them engaged, the software will allow them to:
- Apply to the position within minutes
- Parse their resumes
- Send in their resumes without a login
- Receive automated communications
Recruiting software integrations
The beauty of having a cloud-based recruiting and ATS is that it’s integratable with other HR modules, HCM platforms, ERP systems and/or other third-party applications. For example, if a company is already using an onboarding module and a talent management module, they would easily be able to add an ATS to their toolset to help share the wealth of data between modules. As more data is compiled from these processes, employers will be able to use the information to improve their processes tenfold to attract and attain top talent.
InfinityHR Talent Management System
The InfinityHR integrated Talent Management System allows access to HR data anytime from a mobile device or computer. It helps employers to enhance their entire talent management initiatives via the entire suite, or as an individual module. This allows employers to scale with the system as their requirements evolve over time. The system features the following modules under the Talent Management umbrella of the full HCM platform. Those modules include:
- Recruitment and Applicant Tracking
- Performance Management
- Learning Management
- Succession Planning
The InfinityHR HCM platform
Aside from the Talent Management system, the InfinityHR cloud-based platform holds tools to help partners, employers, HR administrators and employees enhance transparency and improve core processes imperative to their overall operations. The platform also features the following modules in HR Management and payroll:
- Benefits Management
- ACA Compliance
- Core HR
- Employee self-service (Employee Portal)
- Workflow Management
- EZ Sign (electronic signature)
- Employee Record Management
- Payroll Processing
- Time and Attendance