Daylight Saving Time (DST) is ending this Sunday (11/4/2018). Because of this, InfinityHR will be doing automatic system adjustments to account for this biannual event.
The system will automatically adjust time punches that cross 2 a.m. on 11/4. You will see the system notation on the punch and an adjustment directly to the total hours.
Regarding Physical Clocks
DST settings need to be configured manually each year by entering the start and end dates for the DST period within the clock. After the dates have been entered the DST will start and end automatically for the configured year.
If you are using the local clock setting to adjust for DST, please confirm the start and end date/time have been entered for the new year:
1. At the Home Screen press the ‘M’ key (bottom right corner blue border key) to get into the management menu
2. Press the arrow keys until “Date/Time” is highlighted
3. Press the ‘M’ key
4. Set the “DLST” field to the “ON” value by pressing the left and right arrow keys
5. Press the ‘down arrow’ key
6. Set the “Date Mode” field to “Mode1” value by pressing the ‘left and right arrow’ key
7. Press the ‘down arrow’ key
8. Set the “Start” field to the appropriate date and time values for when DLST should start
– Press the numbers on the keypad using the ‘left and right arrow’ keys
– Select the start time that is one hour forward from today’s current DLST rules
9. Press the ‘down arrow’ key
10. Set the “End” field to the appropriate date and time values for when DLST should end by pressing the numbers on the keypad and the ‘left and right arrow’ keys.
11. Press the ‘down arrow’ key until “OK” is highlighted
12. Press the ‘M key’ to save
13. You will then see a dialog box that says, “Changes Saved Successfully!”
14. Press the ‘M key’
In some cases, it is necessary to forgo the DLST setting on the hardware and instead adjust the time zone setting from the website.
If you are utilizing this method:
1. Navigate to Settings > Time and Labor Mgmt > Time and Attendance > Settings > Time Clock Config > ZK US10C Time Clocks
2. Click on the serial number of your time clock
3. Update the time zone setting to account for the one-hour adjustment
4. Click “Save”
5. Power the clock off then back on to load the new time setting.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your customer success manager.