How the ISAS Group Benefits Trust Reduced Administrative Strain with the Cloud-Based InfinityHR, an Arcoro Company, Benefits Management Module
"As a one-person operation, the ability to manage and report eligibility in an automated and concise manner has increased the available capacity to support our school locations. Invoicing is more precise and timelier; and we have been able to implement best in practice vendor partners."
Executive Director - The ISAS Group Benefits Trust
The Independent Schools Association of the Southwest Group Benefits Trust (ISAS Trust) has been an InfinityHR partner since 2009, providing comprehensive, affordable and sustainable benefit plans for member school employees and their dependents. They offer self-funded medical, dental, vision, prescription drug benefits, spending accounts, long-term disability and life insurance plans to eligible employees.
Before the implementation of the InfinityHR Benefits Management module, the ISAS Trust faced the following pain points:
- They did not own their own eligibility database, which forced them to rely on claims- or, thirdparty administrators (TPA) to maintain eligibility records for them
- Member schools of ISAS Trust were required to input data into their TPA’s system of record
- The quality of invoicing and other eligibility reports was dependent on what the TPA outsourced for them
- Access to the best in class vendors for healthcare, dental, vision, etc., was limited because the TPAs they signed with required that their products be purchase
- The process to request census reporting was not accurate, their TPAs would only provide data on enrolled members, but no information on eligible employees, including those who waived coverage in the past
- They needed a system that could integrate directly with their payroll system of choice, was cost effective and would cut hours off of required administrative work
After careful consideration and performing due-diligence, the ISAS Trust narrowed down their choice to InfinityHR.
The ISAS Trust relies on the InfinityHR Benefits Management module to help create automated efficiencies in their benefits administration process to secure, manage and transfer highcompliance
data seamlessly between internal and external systems.
Additionally, the cloud-based tool features a built-in integration to over 300 partners. This has enabled them to integrate to their TPAs’ technology, to best-in-class insurance carriers and to other third-party technology.
After implementation, the ISAS Trust, and its member schools, have taken over and seen the following enhancements to their benefits administration process, including
- Generating of invoices and other reporting—ability to retrieve general benefit marketing census reporting on an ad-hoc basis now
- Verifying waived elections and any other changes at the member level, easily keeping them within established eligibility rules and guidelines
- Importing and exporting data, including automation via FTP feeds
- Creating security silos for each individual member school, so administrators from them do not have access to the entire enterprise view the business
- Tracking sponsored life/disability coverage that was previously billed by each location easier
- Accessing and managing any reporting efforts on their own terms
- Sending employee selections to appropriate, best-in-class carriers via electronic data interchange (EDI) transfer
Since implementation of the InifnityHR Benefits Management module, the ISAS Trust has established a system of eligibility rules which gives their employees a view of only the benefits they are eligible to enroll in, based on location, status, etc.
Additionally, it saves them many hours and resources per year from focusing on manual, administrative processes. Here’s how:
1) Ability to generate ad-hoc reporting and other invoicing now takes only a few hours to do, compared to a few days when they relied on multiple vendors for their data
2) The tool alleviated school member responsibility to track dependent age-out rules, including pre-65 retiree coverage. Location sub-codes are no longer needed since the system limits schools to only their available plan options
3) The tool helped identify married coworkers and where there was opportunity to combine their benefit selections to help save them money
Since implementation, the ISAS Trust has been able to overhaul their benefit offerings to member schools and the employees they oversee. They have carved out their dental, pharmacy, wellness, EAP, HSA and FSA offerings; with plans to continue overhauling other areas within their operations as they keep progressing into the future.
Download the ISAS Group Benefits Trust Case Study