With the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA), employers are required to prove their employees are legally able to work in the United States. The purpose of the I-9 form is to verify identity and authorization of any employee hired after November 6th, 1986 to work in the United States. It is important that employers understand their roles and responsibilities in order to stay compliant and avoid civil penalties.
Announced on January 22nd, 2017 was a requirement that employers use a revised I-9 form to verify employment. This now adds an additional layer of complexity to this ongoing requirement. By staying current with shifting I-9 regulations and creating a trusted process to mitigate exposure will guarantee your HR Department is not subject to the penalties associated with hiring undocumented workers.
But how do you manage yet another requirement along with everything else?
Let InfinityHR help you stay compliant and take this manual process digital. InfinityHR’s brand-new native EZSign can help you send, sign, store and secure I-9 documents, among other types of paperwork that is required in a compliant organization.
Using InfinityHR EZSign to manage your I-9 provides you with many features and benefits:
- Support for Adobe PDF files.
- Able to capture multiple signatures on one document.
- Integration with Workflow Management.
- Securely store signed documents in the InfinityHR application and designate where the documentation will be saved.
- Creation of additional password security for digital signatures.
- Digital signatures captured are legally compliant.
- Access, sign and send important documents on the go, from any browser or your mobile device.
And that’s just the beginning! Let InfinityHR manage your I-9 documentation on a long-term basis.
- Save I-9 document under each employee’s unique record indefinitely.
- Maintain I-9 document for the required 1 year after an employee termination.
- Peace of mind knowing that I-9 is easily retrievable.
The I-9 Form is incredibly simple to complete and should be a key part of any employer hiring process. Failure to take the I-9 process seriously, or the use of an external I-9 vendor whose I-9 compliance and storage program is flawed, can be seriously disruptive to a business, unleashing exponentially larger problems.
InfinityHR can help you quickly develop a strategy for your business to get compliant and avoid fines if you are audited. We will also train HR Administrators how to execute this process for every new hire.
To learn more about how InfinityHR EZSign can help manage your I-9 attend our upcoming webinar on March 15!